Goodwill Community Impact Award Nomination
Mission of the award: This award is created to recognize companies that reflect Goodwill’s mission of “Co-creating independence and dignity through personal and workforce development” in the Metro Detroit community. We are seeking non-profits and for-profit companies that partner with organizations exhibiting majority of the criteria listed below:
- Prioritizes people first in their mission and operations
- Helps create job training and jobs for Metro Detroiters
- Has contributed to the revitalization of Detroit
- Gives a voice to the marginalized (including at least one of the following: returning citizens, individuals with disabilities, individuals living with low wage and or in poverty)
- Is dedicated to philanthropy
Nominations due by Friday March 29th, 2019
You can be our next story.
Every day, I help people get where they are going. I guide them safely to their destination. And that’s exactly what Goodwill did for me… they guided me through my challenges and encouraged me to become more than I thought I could be.
I wanted to increase my skills and that’s why I came to the Goodwill, to increase my skills and improve.”
It made me feel good. It made me feel great because I knew what I wanted and I strived for it.