Goodwill Community Impact Award Nomination
Mission of the award: This award is created to recognize companies that reflect Goodwill’s mission of “Co-creating independence and dignity through personal and workforce development” in the Metro Detroit community. We are seeking non-profits and for-profit companies that partner with organizations exhibiting majority of the criteria listed below:
- Prioritizes people first in their mission and operations
- Helps create job training and jobs for Metro Detroiters
- Has contributed to the revitalization of Detroit
- Gives a voice to the marginalized (including at least one of the following: returning citizens, individuals with disabilities, individuals living with low wage and or in poverty)
- Is dedicated to philanthropy
Nominations due by Friday March 29th, 2019
You can be our next story.
I learned that I could really do anything that I wanted, and I had a lot of options. And part of the things that I like to do were skills that I had, and I didn’t know that
I am certain I have this job because of the respect my employer has for Goodwill. Because they trusted Goodwill, they trusted me to be a good fit and capable to do this work.
I used to think I was just down on my luck but Goodwill gave me some great experiences. They encouraged me to learn new skills and helped me understand how to be part of a team.”