Under the direction of the Career Center Manager – Detroit at Work, the Workshop Facilitator is responsible for the design, development and delivery of job search training activities and administration of assessment tools to provide Detroit at Work Career customers with the ability to seek employment.
Graduation from an accredited college or university preferred of combination of education and experience. Experience with adult learners in a nontraditional environment desired.
One to two years of designing, developing and delivering job search training activities to adult learner. Experience administering standard testing.
Knowledge and understanding of instructional and classroom techniques. Knowledge of basic education principles, practices and techniques for adult learning. Curriculum development experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Designs, develops, oversees and facilities career development and life skills workshops/curricula including, self-assessment, goal setting, workplace conduct and appearance, resume writing, job search strategies, networking, interviewing and other related subjects.
- Researches and modifies curriculum and materials as required to meet individual and program needs.
- Maintains knowledge of contract statement of work and performance goals for curriculum development and modification.
- Provides guidance to staff for accurate interpretation of assessment documents.
- Recommends curriculum design improvement and enhancements to management.
- Administers job readiness assessment instruments.
- Communicates with staff to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of customer activities.
- Generates reports to management and staff to ensure customers are directed to appropriate training and employment opportunities.
Performs other related duties as assigned.